Men’s Golf Sub-Club
Welcome to the Tura Beach Country Club’s Men’s Golf Club web pages. Each week on these pages we will be reporting social and competitive results and happenings, from on and off the Golf Course. It is a good way to stay in touch with Tura Beach Men’s Golf.
For 2019 the main Program includes 109 playing days -57 on weekends (including 5 Sundays) and 52 on Tuesdays (there are a couple of Wednesdays when Tuesday is unavailable). The usual 9 Hole Thursday competition will continue as well as the 18 Hole Pro Comp on Thursdays and the 9 hole “Chicken Run” on Fridays.
On weekends there will be:
– 16 x Stroke (made up of 11 x Monthly Medals; 4 x Club Championships (including one of the MMs) and 2 x Tura Open (=28%)
– 6 x Par (including 5 Yearly Par plus a spare day) (=10%)
– 30 x Stableford ( including 5 Yearly Stableford) (=53%)
– 5 x Other “Fun” events only (2 x 4 Person Ambrose (Opening Day and Presentation Day/Night); 1 x American Foursomes (following Greens Renovations in September); 1 x Men’s Foursomes CCs and 1 x Mixed Foursomes CCs.
– The 57 playing days include 44 Blue Course (77%) and 13 White Course (23%)
On the 52 Tuesdays there will be 47 x Stableford and 5 x Stroke – 14 Blue Course (27%) and 38 White Course (73%).
On the first Tuesday in the month there will be a 10th tee start and a Fourball Ball conducted in conjunction with the daily single event.
The 5 Tuesday Stroke events will all be played on the White course.
The Men’s Golf Club Championships will be held on 28-29 April and 5-6 May; the Men’s Foursomes Championships (27 holes) on 15 July and the Mixed Foursomes Championships (also 27 holes) on 19 August.
The Tura Open will be on the weekend of 19-20 May.
The Club will also host an Australian Senior Order of Merit event, the Sapphire Coast Senior Amateur over 72 holes (36 holes at Pambula-Merimbula and 36 holes at Tura) on 15-16 and 18-19 April.
Tura Beach Men’s Golf Club Office Bearers
OTHER COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
MATCH COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVES
COURSE AND GREENS COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVES
There are two vacancies on the Committee
HANDICAP MANAGER (non-executive):
HANDICAP MANAGER’S ASSISTANT (non-executive):
PUBLICITY OFFICER (non-executive):
JUNIOR PROMOTION OFFICER (non-executive):
WEBSITE CONTENT (non-executive):