Men’s Golf Sub-Club

Welcome to the Tura Beach Men’s Golf Club web page. This page provides an overview of men’s golf competitions as well as links to general information regarding the operations of Men’s golf at Tura.

OVERVIEW OF MEN’S GOLF COMPETITIONS

The main days for Men’s golf competitions are Saturdays and Tuesdays (although there are a couple of Wednesdays scheduled when Tuesday is unavailable). On Thursdays there is a 9 hole competition (non-handicap) as well as a 18 hole Pro Comp. A 9 hole “Chicken Run” is conducted most Fridays.

Tuesday

Stableford is played most Tuesdays (approximately 85% of the time). There are some Stroke, Par, and a few team events scheduled that make up the other 15%. The ratio of white course events to blue course events on Tuesdays is approximately 75/25.

Saturday

Unlike Tuesdays, Saturday events are mostly played from the Blue Tees. The ratio of blue course to white course events is approximately 75/25.

There are eleven Monthly Medals conducted each year (January being the exclusion). These are stroke events generally held on the first Saturday of the month. Visitors are not eligible to win Monthly Medals.

The Club Championships are usually held towards the end of April and beginning of May over two weekends (4 rounds). D grade entrants play 36 holes over two Saturdays.

The Tura Beach Men’s Open is played towards the end of May. It is a 36 hole event conducted on a Saturday and Sunday. Also run in conjunction with this event is the Tura Senior Classic for golfers aged 55 years and over.

The Men’s Foursomes (27 holes) are held in July and the Mixed Foursomes (27 holes) are played in August. Men golfers also compete for ‘Yearly Par’ and ‘Yearly Stableford’ trophies which are based on cumulative results from 5 Saturday Par events and 5 Saturday Stableford events.

Tura greens undergo renovation works around the second Thursday in September.

NEWSLETTER

Periodically we will be reporting social and competitive results and newsworthy items from on and off the golf course via a newsletter titled “Captain’s Call”. It is a good way to stay in touch with the happenings of Tura Beach Men’s Golf.

Tura Beach Men’s Golf Club Office Bearers

PRESIDENT:
Vacant

VICE PRESIDENT:
Vacant

CAPTAIN:     
Graham Brown

VICE CAPTAIN:
Mark Jorgensen

HONORARY SECRETARY:
Mike Warren

HONORARY TREASURER:
Russell Rogers

OTHER COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
Steve Baulman
Ted Johnson
John Hall

MATCH COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVES
Mark Jorgensen
Graham Brown
Mike Warren
Loraine Lambert

COURSE AND GREENS COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVES 
Ted Johnson
John Hall
Mark Jorgensen

There are two vacancies on the Committee

HANDICAP MANAGER (non-executive):
Bernie Russell

HANDICAP MANAGER’S ASSISTANT (non-executive):
Barrie Thistlethwayte

PUBLICITY OFFICER (non-executive):
Mike Warren

TROPHY OFFICER:
Bruce Burton

JUNIOR PROMOTION OFFICER (non-executive):
Loraine Lambert

WEBSITE CONTENT (non-executive):
Russell Rogers
Mark Jorgensen

tura beach country club